Backend Software Engineer – Maps Data Systems
Dreamwork AB is now recruiting for Apple in Malmö, looking for talented developers for exciting and challenging roles. Apple’s development office consists of several extremely talented developers from different parts of the world, building unique solutions in the field of Maps. The team is now expanding and we are looking for a sharp Backend Software Engineer.
Apple is often called The World’s Biggest Startup, which most characterizes the culture at the Swedish Development Office. You should enjoy a fast-moving, agile Startup environment with complex technical challenges that no one ever has solved. A typical Apple profile is positive, solution-oriented, likes taking responsibility, having a great influence and loving technical discussions and challenges.
The ambition level is high because the solutions must maintain the highest possible world-class quality. The uniqueness of Apple is, among other things, that all managers are highly tech-minded and gladly discuss code-level problems. In this role, you will be responsible for building backend systems used to manipulate, improve and validate large geospatial data sets. You will develop new features and algorithms, as well as improve the simplicity, scale, and efficiency of Apples systems to handle more source and map features.
• Identify requirements of new features, and propose design and solution
• Implement features in suitable programming language
• Take ownership of delivering features and improvements on time
• Able to wear multiple hats, do what it takes ability and attitude
• Strong object-oriented programming and design skills in Java/Scala
• Experience in building scalable, reliable, distributed JVM & Linux-based systems
• Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
• Ability to design and implement APIs and REST services
• Experience with one or more application framework; Spring, Akka, Play (Scala)
Extra Merit Qualifications
• Hadoop MapReduce
• NoSQL Databases
• Experience with GIS, Geographical Data and Toolkits such as JTS, ArcGis, QGIS or OpenJump.
The search and selection process is ongoing so please submit your application by registering your CV and your application at www.dreamwork.se as soon as possible.
Christina Martinsson, Dreamwork AB, email@example.com
Ansök till detta jobb